Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Walking Alone


Empty,
Deserted streets,
Except for a few late night drunks.


Flashbacks,
A new nightmare,
Screaming,
Yelled cursing,
Glass shattered.


I refused,
I chose to break their trust,
And for that,
I walk alone.


I kick a poor stone,
Unfortunate enough to be in my path,
It now resides in the gutter.


Tears fall from my eyes,
I refused,
The words repeating in my head,
I refused,
I said no,
I said no.


I finally had friends,
They were not what I expected,
A hideous demon,
Behind a seductive mask.


Smoke filled the air,
Laughter,
Drugs in every corner,
Everywhere,
Everything,
And I refused.


Bound,
Arms and legs,
Forcing me into a high,
Making me pay for my ‘mistake’


First screaming,
Now reduced to a whimper,
They laughed in my face.


No one came.


Flashing lights,
Pounding on the door,
Spitting on my face on the way out,
Why,
Why did they do this to me?


Oh yeah,
I was the ‘traitor’
Standing on trembling legs,
I walked away,
So here I am,
A proud high loner,
And never again,
Will I allow the monster,
To enter me.

No comments:

Post a Comment