Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tainted Angel

As I lie awake,
In the dark sky,
I hear your song of madness,
Your screaming voice pierces the night.

I am your angel,
More tainted than the sky,
I watch you,
Hoping to let you know that you are not alone,
That I care,
But...
You continue to sing,
Your voice filled with sorrow,
A deep darkness surounding you,
The years pass.

Women wwho have wronged you,
Men who have spat at your feet,
I wish to make them suffer as much as you have.

I have shed these white wings and now stand before you,
My back scarred,
And I tell you,
My love in words,
But you walk away,
Hearing this before.

At your funeral,
I walk to your coffin,
Polished redwood shining against my last feather,
Long ago turned black and dyed red with blood.

I was too late,
And as I walk to my death,
I sing my song,
Hoping that in the afterlife,
I can finally save you.

No comments:

Post a Comment